Employer Identification Number (EIN)
An Employer Identification Number is similar to a Social Security Number, and is a nine-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to identify a business. The EIN is also required to be used on tax returns.
Who Needs an EIN?
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- All businesses that hire employees
- All businesses that withhold taxes on any income
Obtaining an EIN for most business entities is the first post incorporation step. In addition, using an EIN for tax purposes, in most cases businesses need it for the following:
- To open a business bank account
- Doing business with vendors
- Applying for funding and/or business credit
Creative Business Assistants can apply for the Employer Identification Number for your business. Get started today by completing the form or calling us at (877) 264-8998.