What is a registered agent?
Registered agent is a term many business owners have never heard before.
The registered agent is responsible for receiving important legal and tax documents on behalf of incorporated companies, such as the following:
- Service of Process—sometimes called Notice of Litigation—which initiates a lawsuit
- Important state mail, such as annual reports or statements
- Tax documents sent by the state’s department of taxation
The registered agent must have a physical address (not a post office box) in the state of incorporation or qualification and must be available at that address during normal business hours.
Advantages of Creative Business Assistants’ Registered Agent Services
At Creative Business Assistants, we believe that being a registered agent goes beyond fulfilling the statutory requirement. We provide tools and alerts to help you stay on top of important compliance obligations. Unlike other providers of registered agent services, Creative Business Assistants doesn’t charge extra for the services you need to stay informed and compliant. We offer:
- Franchise Tax & Annual Report filing alerts. Registered agent customers receive ongoing alerts for any state franchise tax or annual report filings that are due after you incorporate. We make it easy with a few clicks for you to file and keep your business in good standing with the state.
- Managed filing services. Registered agent customers can enroll in automatic filing of franchise tax and annual reports. A dedicated team monitors your state reporting requirements and files on your behalf.
- Creative Business Assistants management tool. Our exclusive, account management tool lets you schedule and track all your company and compliance events, as well as email you reminders of upcoming state obligations, invoices and more.
- Prompt handling of official documents. We provide prompt and efficient handling of important state, tax and legal documents received on behalf of your company.
- Professional and discreet Service of Process delivery. We’ll email and digitally scan Service of Process documents to you for instant viewing.
- Exceptional, friendly customer service. Available by phone, email or chat, our knowledgeable representatives are happy to answer questions you have about compliance, your account or placing an order with us.